Contact Center to Cloud- Almost at the kickoff : )

 I wanted to drop in and drop you a few lines (mic drop) LOL.


We have gotten ourselves a final final contract package. Our PMOfficer is taking one last glance while on the plane to somewhere where there is mountains I am sure : ) Next will be a legal process of review and what we get back from them starts the 'redline process' which basically means back and forth with compromises/agreements from one legal to another legal. 

This is an exciting time of the contract because the buzz is in the air!!! The team sees it as a definite now and I am gearing up to press the GO button. 

Things I have been focusing on:

1. Wrapping our sandbox big ones

    a. getting our old clunky software up to speed to run in the new race

    b. getting our outbound dialing tested a-z internally in the new environment (test version)

This reduces two of our largest identified project level risks. So far all is going as planned, we have 4 weeks total and are now, at this moment in time, two weeks into that four week frame. It is grind time for the team and they are doing exceptional. Here below are the active stories that we have cooking. I removed the names of course : ) WE have closed a few, but still have to really push this week to get some more closed. I went into this Sprint knowing that we would have another two weeks during red lining to wrap this work (so technically this is a 2by2=4 weeker).



Reflections:

I am feeling my groove now and this project is coming together. All the work in the discovery (pre contract) and tons of hours of tons of meetings and tons of diagrams and discussions have led us to preparedness. During the assignment of a project there is a gut feeling that makes you feel like as a PM.... oh boy where do I ever start. By this time you have wrapped your mind around the goal, the high level areas of work, some major risks, constraints and assumptions. Then all the sudden the clouds part and you are staring up at Him and He says, ok my child you are equipped. I give you these people, this plan, these gifts....go forth. It is a moment I want to share because all the documentation and books I have read over my professional career has NEVER mentioned this gut wrench to wake up call and its a spiritual experience. 

If you are reading this you will know that as an asset to an organization, it is ok to be figuring things out. Once you make it to the clouds point you better have gotten your thoughts for the team together and be ready to see rubber hit the road. This is a value- drive for your organization, shoves your emotional intelligence front and center (there is that word again) and of course, take pure raw skill. 

Well we will end here today. Next post for sure will be an update on redlines and then with all passion I state- a SIGNED CoNtRaCt. So close I can taste it!

Some side stuff to know- 

Every contract a PM better know and understand DPA (data privacy) and GDPR. Also better know key things such as order summary, end user agreement, license agreement, T's & C's. : ) Knowing this and understanding the lifecycle makes me a good PM with a strong understanding of the procurement process. I did not learn this from the PMBOK : ) it is all about getting your hands dirty and learning by doing. I will give it credit it does talk about procurement but organizations vary so much I can understand just teach it at a high level to the newbies.

See you soon,

-C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Center Update #3- In deep now....

Kicked Off and more.... Sorry about the delay : )